Woodbridge Festival proves a hit as Jazzie B wows crowds
- Credit: John Ferguson
Fans enjoyed a feast of entertainment at Woodbridge Festival of Art and Music.
The event, in Elmhurst Park on Saturday, September 4, was headlined by Grammy-winning artist Jazzie B of Soul II Soul fame, with a DJ set.
Jazzie B's manager, Les Spaine, who was a legendary club DJ in the 1970s before moving into the music industry, was also at the festival.
Other acts taking part included DJ Chris Coco, Rocky (X Press2), Aruba Red, DJ, writer and festival programmer Ben Osborne of Noise of Art, and local acts including Daddy Turbo, Kevin Pearce, Basement Jaxx collaborator and Nathan X, plus many more.
Festival-goer Elma Glasgow said: "It was absolutely amazing. This was a relatively small community event, and it was such high quality. Jazzie B was so good."
You may also want to watch:
As well as the music, the festival included eco-events aimed at families, a word/literature area, poetry trail, kids zone, arts streams and workshops.
Find more things to do through the Head East cultural tourism campaign.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash