Woodbridge Library helps Mandy Hearle spread word of latest fundraising idea
After a year of charity challenges, Woodbridge’s Mandy Hearle could be forgiven for putting her feet up.
But fundraising has continued in earnest since Mission Possible 2014 for Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF).
Her latest scheme was launched at the local library, where visitors can help simply by picking up a book.
For ‘Books Without Borders’, stickers have been attached to secondhand sales, inviting readers to pledge a pound to the PING project, launched by Mandy last year.
“The idea is very simple,” she said. “A sticker is placed on the cover of a secondhand book. Each time the book changes hands, the theory is that one pound will be donated to MSF.”
You may also want to watch:
Last Christmas, Mandy raised another £600 by asking shops and businesses to fill jam jars with pound coins.
Her 365-day challenge raised thousands for MSF, which she was inspired to help following the death of local teenager Poppy Harvey, who suffered a fatal allergic reaction in June 2010, and whose ambition had been to work as an MSF doctor.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 3 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 8 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 9 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
You can donate a pound by texting PING65£1 to 70070, or visit ping65.com for more information.