Woodbridge/Melton: Developers expecting objections to proposals for 180 new homes
- Credit: Archant
Proposals for 180 new homes in the countryside will go on show to the public today at an exhibition.
Developers are hoping to secure planning permission for the project, which will include 60 affordable properties, just off the Woods Lane roundabout and along the A12 north of Melton and Woodbridge.
The 20-acre site is not allocated for development but those behind the project are hoping planning officers and councillors at Suffolk Coastal can be persuaded to approve the scheme.
Residents will be able to see the proposals between 3-7pm at the Lindos Centre sports hall, Saddlemakers Lane, Melton.
Planning consultant Richard Brown said no planning application had yet been submitted for the Woods Lane development, but negotiations were taking place with planners.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We believe it is a sustainable location for growth, although we would expect some local opposition.
“We have been working up our plans and are currently working on studies and reports concerning access, highways, ground conditions, ecology, noise and air quality issues.
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
“The exhibition will be a chance for the public to see the proposals and comment, and for us to take those comments on board.”
The homes would range from one-bed flats to five-bed detached properties.