Woodbridge: Quayside closed after car hits F Masters Ltd building
- Credit: Archant
A busy road in Woodbridge has been closed after a car struck a building.
Suffolk police were called with reports of a crash in Quay Side behind Budgens at 12.45pm.
A police spokesman said: “One vehicle with a female driver has hit the F Masters Ltd building.
“The road has been closed between the Red Lion and Anchor pubs.”
Fire crews and paramedics were at the scene along with police officers.
An appliance from Ipswich East and one from Woodbridge, along with a rescue vehicle from Princes Street were mobilised to the above location.
When the crews got to the incident, they found a silver Ford Fusion with two people trapped.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 3 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 4 Matchday Live: Town begin cup campaign as Colchester visit Portman Road
- 5 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 6 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 7 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 8 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 9 Range Rover stolen from home in east Suffolk
- 10 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
Crews stabilised the vehicle and removed the roof to release the persons, and both people were released by 1.35pm.
The crews were back at base by 2.09pm, and the road reopened shortly after.