Woodbridge rotarians hear details of Sizewell C consultation
- Credit: Archant
A branch of the rotary club was among the latest groups to hear about plans for a third nuclear power plant to be built on the Suffolk coast.
The Rotary Club of Woodbridge was visited by EDF Energy’s head of external affairs for Sizewell C, Tom McGarry, and site manager Matt Elliott.
The second stage of consultation for a new twin reactor near Leiston continues until February 3.
Rotarians heard about changes to the proposal since the first consultation stage, which ran from November 2012 to February 2013.
The talk included information about layout, accommodation for workers, rail links, sea transport, park-and-ride sites, lorry movement, and the proposed development of the A12 and B1122. Mr Elliott also provided details of construction, and environmental considerations for the main site.
You may also want to watch:
More on the proposals can be found at sizewell.edfenergyconsultation.info.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Busy high street taped off by police
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 9 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases