Pupils make Mindfulness videos and run to raise funds for Home-Start in Suffolk
- Credit: WOODBRIDGE SCHOOL PREP
Students from Woodbridge School are raising money for community charity Home-Start in Suffolk, and working to promote mental wellbeing.
In the run-up to Christmas, pupils and staff from both the senior and prep schools have set themselves a new #Woodbridge4Woodbridge Challenge.
The fundraiser is running from November 9 to 20, and the aim is to cover as many miles as possible, raising money through sponsorship.
Shona Norman, Head of Woodbridge School, said that during the second lockdown: “It is especially important that we do all that we can to keep our minds and bodies healthy and active, so whether it is a sponsored run, walk or cycle, every little counts.”
Woodbridge School Prep has also launched its own Mindful Moments campaign as part of its its #Woodbridge4Woodbridge programme, and will be making videos available on its YouTube channel and social media, featuring simple-to-follow Mindfulness techniques.
You may also want to watch:
Nicola Mitchell, Head of Woodbridge School Prep, said: “The ability to be calm and ‘in the present moment’ is such an important ‘life skill’, and we want to share how our Mindfulness practices at Woodbridge School Prep may be able to help many more people. From reception and throughout the school, Mindfulness is embedded into our curriculum to support the wellbeing of both children and staff.
“We also know that our parents have benefitted from the workshops that they have attended with us. We hope that, by sharing our regular ‘Mindful Moments’, the wider Woodbridge community may also benefit during this difficult time.”
For more details on the campaign and fundraiser, visit the fundraising page, and search for @woodbridgeschool on Facebook. You can also see the Mindfulness videos at www.youtube.com/user/woodbridgeschool
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker