Woodbridge: Shellfish celebration off to mouth-watering start by the river
- Credit: Su Anderson
A weekend dedicated to the gastronomic delights of a Suffolk river is under way.
The third Woodbridge Shuck kicked off yesterday with Bespoke Events’ Shuck Shack pop-up restaurant serving up five courses at the Tide Mill.
Today, the riverside hosts the Mussel Shack, Oyster and Champagne Bar and fine food stalls, while Woodbridge Wines offers tastings with seafood from 11am until 2pm.
The Shuck Shack’s back tonight, and Sunday brings Breakfast on the Boardwalk at Deben Yacht Club, followed by street food, oyster bar, fine food stalls, fish and chips, cooking demos crafts, music, crabbing, storytelling and sail making.
The Seafood Safari Supper later takes a foodie tour to the Adnams store, The Kings Head, The Galley and The Angel.
You may also want to watch:
Visit thewoodbridgeshuck.org.uk for full details.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 6 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 7 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth