Suffolk retreat crowned ‘day spa of the year’
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk spa has capped a successful first year in business by being named day spa of the year at a lavish awards ceremony in London.
Bathsheba Spa in Woodbridge, which only opened in January, fought off competition from 12 other spas to take first prize in its category at the London Hair and Beauty Awards.
The owners of the spa, Elyse Childs and Yvette Anderson, were thrilled to be recognised after their business made huge strides in the last year.
Miss Childs, who works as a therapist, said: "Just to be nominated, as a business outside of London, was amazing. To win is fairly surreal to be honest.
"It's confirmation that we're doing something right."
You may also want to watch:
Bathsheba was the only spa nominated in its category to be based outside of the capital.
Miss Childs paid tribute to her clients, many of whom had followed her to Bathsheba, for their backing in the spa's first year of business.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 9 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
She said: "We would like to thank all of our clients, both new and old, for their continued support."