Suffolk retreat crowned ‘day spa of the year’
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk spa has capped a successful first year in business by being named day spa of the year at a lavish awards ceremony in London.
Bathsheba Spa in Woodbridge, which only opened in January, fought off competition from 12 other spas to take first prize in its category at the London Hair and Beauty Awards.
The owners of the spa, Elyse Childs and Yvette Anderson, were thrilled to be recognised after their business made huge strides in the last year.
Miss Childs, who works as a therapist, said: "Just to be nominated, as a business outside of London, was amazing. To win is fairly surreal to be honest.
"It's confirmation that we're doing something right."
Bathsheba was the only spa nominated in its category to be based outside of the capital.
Miss Childs paid tribute to her clients, many of whom had followed her to Bathsheba, for their backing in the spa's first year of business.
- 1 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 2 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 3 Fire crews spend eight hours tackling north Suffolk field blaze overnight
- 4 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 5 'It's a very exciting time for us' - Suffolk golf club plans submitted
- 6 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 7 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 8 McKenna delighted to see Town win game of 'aggressive chaos'
- 9 Stu says: Six observations following 1-0 win at Burton
- 10 5 fantastic village shops to visit in Suffolk
She said: "We would like to thank all of our clients, both new and old, for their continued support."