Street food festival promises 'holiday vibes' on riverside this weekend
- Credit: Woodbridge Festival
Organisers of a Woodbridge street food festival with live DJ music have promised the event will bring "European holiday vibes" to the town this weekend.
Street Feast by the River, on the banks of the Deben, is being held in Whisstocks Square on Saturday afternoon.
It has been inspired by French summer fêtes, which bring communities together in the summer sunshine.
DJ team Ben Osborne and Jack Hemingway will be performing live music throughout the festival, with four pop-up food takeaways set to be installed.
The free event is being organised by Woodbridge Festival of Art and Music and being supported by Woodbridge Town Council.
Mr Osborne said: "It's great to have accessible community events like this happening as we come out of the pandemic, especially as so many local events and summer fetes have been unable happen.
You may also want to watch:
"Our friends on the continent have always been good at doing these type of celebrations, so this will hopefully bring some European holiday vibes to those of us who aren't getting abroad again this summer."
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family