Woodbridge Tide Mill celebrates the end of an era
- Credit: Archant
Former county councilllor Nigel Barratt steps back
Former county councillor Nigel Barratt handed over the reigns at the Tide Mill to incoming chairman John Carrington at their end of season celebrations.
Nigel and his wife Anne, have been in involved in the project for 12 and 10 years respectively and have overseen a number of changes at the museum.
They were presented with a specially commissioned model of the Tide Mill to mark their years of dedication to the project.
Nigel said; “When I started the tradition several years ago of an end of season party to thank all those who helped look after the Mill, little did I think that one day there would be a party when I was only a guest.
You may also want to watch:
“But all good things come to an end, and for Anne and I to be presented with a magnificent gift of a model of the Tide Mill, made it a special event for which we are both very grateful.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week