Woodbridge: Town gets arty with day of drawing and creativity
- Credit: Su Anderson
Visitors and residents of Woodbridge got creative at the weekend as part of the world’s biggest drawing festival.
The Big Draw event invited everyone from tots to grandparents to pick a subject at random to make the centre of their artistic work.
It could have been anything – from a barge, to a shop, to a dog in the park – but when picked and equipped with drawing board, paper and pencil, the artist for the day then got to work making their illustration.
The free event was held in the town’s Salvation Army Hall and was led by Samantha Barnes from The Art Retreat studio.
After the pencil outline and detail was finished, groups and individuals were then invited back to base to bring to life the work with pens and card provided. When complete, the drawings were cut out and added to a large pre-made backdrop of a Woodbridge map.
You may also want to watch:
The Big Draw, held on Saturday, is part of more than 1,500 events in the UK between October 1 and November 2.
For more information visit www.campaignfordrawing.org
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors