Woodbridge: What are rugby posts doing on a driving range?
- Credit: Simon Ballard
Anyone hitting the driving range at a Suffolk golf course may be puzzled to see an unusual target in the distance.
Inspired by Woodbridge Rugby Club, Ufford Park Hotel, Golf Club and Spa has erected a set of rugby posts in the middle of its driving range to give golfers something to aim for.
To trial the unique feature, the team at Ufford Park invited players from the rugby club to try their luck at hitting the posts.
After a hard slog on the range, the players relaxed in the pool, steam room, sauna, and finally the bar.
Emily-Jane Stearn, one of the Woodbridge Amazons, said: “We had a brilliant time. It was great to test ourselves at a completely different sport while having the reassurance of the near-by rugby posts.”
You may also want to watch:
Debbie Ratcliffe, Marketing Manager at Ufford Park, said: “A huge thank you to the players from Woodbridge Rugby Club for putting our new target to the test. The players are charming and up for a challenge and they are welcome here any time.”
This upright is a symbol of the blossoming relationship between the rugby club and the hotel, since Ufford Park sponsored the electronic scoreboard back in 2012.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season