Woodbridge: Wine bar opens at Browsers book shop
A BOOKSHOP has branched out to offer something a little different.
Browsers in Woodbridge has opened a wine bar.
The shop already runs a cafe during the day but on certain nights of the week it will now be a place to go for some late night refreshment.
Owner Martin Whitaker said: “I was having a drink one night and I thought ‘if you don’t like pubs where is there to go and have a quiet drink in the evening?’. Especially if you are a single woman and maybe don’t feel comfortable going to a pub.
“There are only a handful of bookshops in the country that have something similar. We have created a friendly, warm environment and so far it has been very well received.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Whitaker said most of the wines came from Slaughden Wines in Aldeburgh.
The bar is open from 5.30pm to 10pm, Wednesday to Saturday.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week