Woodbridge: X-Factor star to sing at school
X FACTOR contestant Treyc Cohen is preparing to swap the live shows for a unique performance at a Suffolk school.
On Sunday she became the 10th performer to be voted off the talent contest – amid a cloud of controversy.
The girls’ mentor Cheryl Cole refused to choose between which of her two acts, Treyc and Katie Waissel, to send home after they came bottom in the public vote.
That left remaining judges Dannii Minogue and Louis Walsh the task of securing the girls’ fate – resulting in Treyc leaving the show.
But the singer, who has wowed audiences with her strong vocals, is preparing to appear alongside 1980s greats Hot Chocolate and Motown legends The Supremes at the event, taking place at Farlingaye High School in Woodbridge next month.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, December 4, the glamourous event will feature six hours of live music and entertainment, including performances from Treyc Cohen.
The organisers, Associate Events, said another local act will be announced nearer the date.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
A spokesman said: “Those attending will dress to impress and join others on the red carpet for a unique occasion, set within purpose-built structures, and treated to a breathtaking night of live music, arts and entertainment, plus fairground rides, games areas, three fully licensed bars and food options for a night to remember.”
The red carpet event will start at 6pm at the school in Grove Road. Tickets are available from www.seetickets.com and www.ticketweb.co.uk at a cost of �39 plus a booking fee. Half the profits will go to the school.