Woodburner sets chimney ablaze

FIRE crews have been called out after a chimney caught fire in a village near Bury St Edmunds.

Laurence Cawley

FIRE crews have been called out after a chimney caught fire in a village near Bury St Edmunds.

They were alerted to the blaze at 10.30am today after a woodburner caused a chimney fire in Fen Street, Hopton, near Stanton.

At 11.13am today, a fire crew sent from Ixworth, who were using chimney rods and thermal imaging equipment, asked for a second fire engine to be sent out.


You may also want to watch:


The fire is still being dealt with.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus