Man seriously hurt after being ‘attacked with glass bottle’
- Credit: google maps
A man has been rushed to hospital after entering a shop with a serious head injury in Chelmsford.
Essex Police were called at around 12.15pm after the man walked into a Premier Store in Woodhall Parade and reported that he had been struck with what officers believe to be a glass bottle.
He has since been taken to hospital for a head injury and cuts, which are not believed to be life-threatening.
A 34-year-old man from Chelmsford has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm in connection with the incident.
He remains in custody for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or dash cam footage should call Chelmsford CID on 101 quoting incident 550 of August 17.
Or, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 8 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave