Just the place for a great yarn!
- Credit: Archant
It’s always brilliant to see new businesses in Felixstowe – and The Wool Baa is one of our newest, having just celebrated its first anniversary on Hamilton Road.
Stocking one of the largest ranges of yarn and yarn products you can enjoy browsing the wide range of colours ranging from two-ply through to mega chunky wool along with perusing the large range of knitting and crocheting patterns, accessories, with the added bonus of enjoying refreshments.
The Wool Baa is a family business that since opening its doors at the end of July last year has been a whirlwind of wonderful customers, refreshments and, of course, lots of yarn and yarn products.
Debby and Daren Cloud, who have since opening fitted in a wedding and two honeymoons, decided to open The Wool Baa, a life-long dream for Debby, and have since enjoyed every moment of it.
You will see many regular faces at The Wool Baa, including more than a handful of customers that they see at least once a week for their thriving Knit & Natter sessions on Monday evenings from 7pm to 9pm and Thursdays from 10am to noon.
You may also want to watch:
Debby said: “The Wool Baa prides itself on offering the community a safe, warm and relaxing atmosphere where the customers can enjoy a cup of tea or coffee even if they don’t knit.”
Catering for all, they are close to free parking and have full disabled toilet and baby changing facilities.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
Debby and Daren have filled their wonderful shop with as much yarn as possible and pride themselves on competing with internet prices, giving the customer the added bonus of yarn they can actually see and feel before purchase but at competitive rates.
They are currently stocking Sirdar, Hayfield, Woolcraft, James C Brett, Mondial, Knit Pro, TOFT, Scheepjes as well as a large range of DMC embroidery silks and kits. You may have already seen the popular ‘The Wool Baa’ logo around town, well it has become so popular that items are also now available to purchase.
Debby and Daren are very thankful to the local community for welcoming them to the busy Felixstowe high street and love meeting new customers daily. So why not pop in and say hi, seeing Debby behind their beautiful handmade counter, welcoming as always.