Two men released under investigation after man shot near Woolpit
- Credit: Archant
Two men who had been arrested in connection with an incident in Woolpit where a man sustained gunshot wounds have been released under investigation.
Police were called at around 11.55pm on Saturday, May 9 to reports that a person had suffered a gun-shot wound on land near to Woolpit Business Park.
When officers arrived at the scene they found that the victim, a 27-year-old man, had been shot in the chest.
He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital by ambulance for treatment to his injuries which are not considered to be life-threatening.
A 56-year-old man from Woolpit and a 42-year-old man from Stowmarket were subsequently arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Both men have now been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
Suffolk police believe the men arrested were shooting rabbits on farmland nearby.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 9 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information should contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference 37/25649/20.