Two men released under investigation after man shot near Woolpit
- Credit: Archant
Two men who had been arrested in connection with an incident in Woolpit where a man sustained gunshot wounds have been released under investigation.
Police were called at around 11.55pm on Saturday, May 9 to reports that a person had suffered a gun-shot wound on land near to Woolpit Business Park.
When officers arrived at the scene they found that the victim, a 27-year-old man, had been shot in the chest.
He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital by ambulance for treatment to his injuries which are not considered to be life-threatening.
A 56-year-old man from Woolpit and a 42-year-old man from Stowmarket were subsequently arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Both men have now been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
Suffolk police believe the men arrested were shooting rabbits on farmland nearby.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 7 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 8 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 9 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 10 Incoming Town CEO Ashton 'set to poach Bristol City head of football operations' - report
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information should contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference 37/25649/20.