Woolpit Steam Rally in aid of good causes to return this summer
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A popular Suffolk steam rally is to return this year.
Warren Farm in Wetherden will hold the Woolpit Steam Rally on June 4 and 5. Last year’s show raised £12,400 for 20 local charities and community groups, including WENT Community First Responders, Bury St Edmunds Women’s Refuge and 1st Wetherden and Haughley Scouts.
The event this year promises to provide one of the best displays of vintage tractors in East Anglia, say organisers, with around 20 pre-1930 tractors anticipated.
More than 80 stationary engines will be on show along with steam traction engines, vintage cars, motorcycles and military vehicles.
Gates are open from 10am-5pm on both days and admission is £5 for adults on Saturday and £6 on Sunday, while for children it is £2 on either day.
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact David Seeley on 01449 737443 after 7.30pm or at www.woolpit-steam.org.uk
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder