Woolpit student is awarded new scholarship from Adnams
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old from Woolpit is the first recipient of a new scholarship offered by Suffolk brewers Adnams.
Oliver Beresford was awarded the £3,000 scholarship from the popular brewer, which is given to undergraduates from Suffolk, Norfolk or Essex who are studying at the Edge Hotel School at the University of Essex.
Along with producing beer, Adnams also runs three coastal hotels – The Swan and The Crown at Southwold and The White Horse at Blakeney.
Oliver, who attended Culford School near Bury St Edmunds, said: “I am over the moon. This is a very local brand for me and I hope to have some work experience with Adnams while I am studying for my hotel management degree.”
“The academic staff are very supportive. My first stint in the hotel was working in housekeeping. It was something different for me to do and it was such a good team to work with.”
You may also want to watch:
Sadie Lofthouse, HR director at Adnams, said: “We recognise that we need to proactively train and support the next generation of leaders if we want the sector to flourish.
“The scholarship, together with The Edge Hotel School, is a chance to invest in the future of our region’s young people so they are ready to build a successful career in hospitality.”
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival