Woolverstone: Bonfire spreads to hedgerow
FIREFIGHTERS were alerted to reports of smoke billowing from a village in Suffolk today.
The brigade received reports of an out of control bonfire shortly before 5pm in Wolverstone.
A crew from Holbrook fire station were sent to the scene in Main Road.
Due to the high volume of calls another team from Princes Street fire station in Ipswich were also sent to help.
They discovered a bonfire which had spread to about ten metres of hedgerow and nearby trees.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was under control by 5.10pm.
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 10 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs