Marina ‘co-operated fully’ with authorities during suspected illegal immigrants incident
- Credit: citizenside.com
A Suffolk marina where suspected illegal immigrants are believed to have come ashore has said it co-operated fully with authorities.
Woolverstone Marina issued a statement following the incident which happened yesterday afternoon involving a boat in the River Orwell.
Several people were arrested after Border Force officials and Suffolk Constabulary responded to reports that people had come off the boat, which was then seized.
The statement from Woolverstone Marina states: “An incident occurred at Woolverstone Marina on August 21, 2018.
“The relevant authorities were alerted who responded quickly.
You may also want to watch:
“The team at Woolverstone Marina cooperated fully with the authorities in managing the incident and will continue to do so in the course of their enquiries.”
Following the incident in Woolverstone, near Ipswich, a group of people were detained as part of a joint operation near the Cambridgeshire border. A lorry was stopped between Fordham and Newmarket and 14 people were arrested.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina