Man, 36, dies in horror A12 crash
- Credit: ESSEX AND HERTS AIR AMBULANCE NH
One man has died and another remains in a life-threatening condition after a car and two pedestrians collided on the A12.
Essex Police have confirmed that a 36-year-old man from Woolwich has died after a car is thought to have struck two pedestrians on the A12 at Boreham.
A 24-year-old man from Bexley was also taken to hospital by air ambulance and remains in a life-threatening condition.
A 31-year-old man from Belvedere, Kent, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death while unfit through drugs and causing death by dangerous driving. He remains in custody for questioning.
At this stage police believe a car and two pedestrians were in collision on the exit slip road at junction 19.
Is it understood that both victims had travelled in the same vehicle together, which had pulled over after experiencing difficulties.
You may also want to watch:
The collision happened around 6.30pm last night on the exit slip road of the London-bound carriageway at Boreham.
Both sides of the road were closed to traffic for up to three hours. The northbound carriageway reopened at around 8.20pm and the southbound carriageway reopened just after 9.30pm.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
Officers are continuing to support both of the victims’ families.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “Three ambulances, two rapid response vehicles, two ambulance officers and East Anglia Air Ambulance were called to road traffic incident on the London-bound carriageway of the A12 at Boreham yesterday, shortly before 6.30pm.
“Despite the best efforts of all involved, a man died at the scene of the incident. A second man was transported to hospital in a life-threatening condition.”
Police would like to hear from anyone who saw a Vauxhall Zafira before it pulled over, and/or while it pulled over on the exit slip road.
Anyone with information or dash cam footage is asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 quoting incident 0982 of 27/08, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.