Word on the Street: What is your favourite thing about Suffolk?
Suffolk Day will take place on Thursday, June 21, this year - we asked people in Ipswich their favourite thing about Suffolk.
The day will be a big celebration of Suffolk which shines a light on the county - showcasing the best sights, sounds and tastes of Suffolk.
Hundreds attended the Suffolk Day events last year and there are plenty of events planned for this year.
Amanda Bond, manager of Visit Suffolk, said: “Heading into its second year, Suffolk Day 2018 provides a fantastic opportunity for tourism businesses within Suffolk to embrace the wonders of our county through a programme of unique events, special offers and authentic giveaways.
“We are truly spoilt in Suffolk, so this is a welcome chance to show-off our amazing historic and family attractions, fine places to stay, wonderful places to eat and our natural landscapes in abundance, all united under one brand, for one day, on June 21, 2018, the longest day of the year.
You may also want to watch:
“We want local people to embrace what’s on their doorstep by seeking out unfamiliar places to visit, and in the same breadth, encourage and engage with new visitors to experience all that we take for granted.
“The more there is to shout about, the bigger and better this event will become and helps to raise Suffolk’s profile at a regional and national level.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 4 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 5 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
“So, we ask that all tourism businesses, no matter how small, champion this campaign, get involved and spread some Suffolk love.”
Read the full story here: Plenty of exciting events planned to mark this year’s Suffolk Day