Work colleagues to brave the shave for Essex mental health charity
- Credit: Archant
Hannah Woods will be shaving her head while Mitchell Simmons will be having his legs waxed next month to raise money for Mid and North East Essex Mind.
Hannah, who works at Greenfield Community Housing, said: “When I announced that I was considering shaving my head to raise money for Mid and North East Essex Mind, my colleague, Mitch, told me that he would wax his legs if I did.
“Myself and others I know have personal experience with dealing with mental health problems, so it’s something I am passionate about supporting.”
Mitchell said: “Mental health is something that is close to mine and my family member’s hearts.
“I haven’t previously had anything waxed before, but I will soon find out how high my pain threshold is.”
The pair are hoping to raise £500 and have set up a Just Giving page to collect donations.
You may also want to watch:
Greenfields is looking for skilled volunteers to do the waxing and/ or shaving.
Anyone who would be able to help should contact Amanda via email at amanda.bhavnani@Greenfieldsch.org.uk
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles