Ladbrokes worker attacked during knifepoint robbery in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting two men who robbed a bookmakers in Nacton Road, Ipswich, at knifepoint.
The robbery happened at around 9pm on Sunday at the Ladbrokes betting shop.
Two men entered the shop and one of them started to shout at a male employee.
One of the robbers then grabbed the victim by his clothing and dragged him towards the counter before punching him in the head.
The second offender, who was holding a knife, then stole a quantity of cash from the safe.
You may also want to watch:
Both the raiders then fled the scene on foot.
Police said the victim was not injured as a result of the incident but was left very shaken.
- 1 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 8 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
The first suspect is described as white, 6 feet tall, of slim build with short brown hair who was wearing a black hooded top.
The second suspect is described as white, more than 6 feet tall, of slim athletic build who was carrying a green and white carrier bag.
Witnesses or anybody with any information are asked to call police on 101 quoting reference 59436/18.
Alternatively contact the charity Crimestopppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.