World: Death toll in French magazine massacre rises to 12
- Credit: PA
Twelve people have been fatally shot in an attack at the Paris headquarters of a French satirical magazine.
Police reports say several masked gunmen stormed the offices of the weekly Charlie Hebdo magazine.
Five people are also said to be critically injured.
Eyewitnesses said the men were armed with machine guns.
It is thought the attack is in response to the magazine’s publication of crude caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed.
You may also want to watch:
France has raised its security alert to the highest level, and president Francois Hollande has visited the scene.
The gunmen are still at large
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 5 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 6 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
- 7 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 8 Matchday Recap: All-square as Dobra impresses at Shrewsbury
- 9 Long delays on A12 after police attend 'serious' crash
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer