World-renowned chef Albert Roux oversees dinner at west Suffolk College restaurant ‘Edmunds’
- Credit: Gregg Brown
West Suffolk College has been honoured with a visit by Michelin-starred chef Albert Roux OBE.
The chef and restaurateur Mr Roux was at the college, in Bury St Edmunds, yesterday where he hosted a masterclass with students from the hospitality and catering department, culminating in a five-course black tie dinner in the evening.
The dinner, titled An evening with Albert Roux, was cooked by students under the watchful guidance of Mr Roux and served by students training in front of house, with guests from the world of business, education and politics.
The 80-cover dinner was served in the college’s on-site training restaurant, Edmunds.
Director of hospitality, Mike Mulvihill, said it would be a “night to remember for both our students and guests alike”.
You may also want to watch:
“We are extremely grateful to Chef Roux and his team for giving up their time and knowledge to the next generation of chefs, and to our excellent local suppliers for supporting the event,” he said.
Mr Roux was accompanied by his hospitality consultant and ex-West Suffolk College student Toby Stuart.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
Mr Stuart, who attended the college between 1996 and 1998, is now responsible for overseeing all areas of kitchen management at Chez Roux properties and pop-up events.
Last night’s menu, which used produce from local suppliers including Elveden Estate, Sutton Hoo Chicken and Anglia Produce, had been devised by Mr Stuart to celebrate the best in Suffolk seasonal flavours.