Robert Winston to visit Ipswich High School
The famous TV presenter, politician, doctor and scientist, Professor Robert Winston will be visiting Ipswich High School.
The professor, who currently lectures at University College London, will be visiting the pupils of the Ipswich school in December to deliver a lecture on genetics.
‘Modifying Humans: Where Does Genetics Stop?’ will be delivered to senior and sixth form pupils at the school.
The school’s deputy head teacher Nicola Griffiths was excited by the prospect of seeing the world-renowned scientist speak and has labelled his forthcoming lecture as “hugely topical”.
She said: “I know that many of our pupils are looking forward to hearing Lord Winston speak.
You may also want to watch:
“He is a truly engaging speaker who brings science to life and is one of my personal heroes.
“At the end of the lecture there will be an opportunity for our pupils to ask him questions.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 6 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 9 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
- 10 'I felt we deserved to win' - Cook on 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday