Suffolk orchestra to host war remembrance concert at Snape Maltings
- Credit: GEOFF ROGERS
A Suffolk orchestra is commemorating 100 years since the end of the First World War with a concert dedicated to absent friends.
Trianon Music Group will be performing ‘Remembrance and Renewal’ at Snape Maltings on Saturday, September 15 – a companion programme to the orchestra’s 2014 concert which marked the beginning of the conflict.
While the event was planned to mark the centenary over 18 months ago, it has taken on a new meaning since the group has said farewell to a number of its own members.
Trianon has chosen to honour their memories by inviting family members to choose works from within the programme to dedicate to their loved ones.
The 200 musicians participating will also be invited to wear poppies in support of the Royal British Legion.
You may also want to watch:
For tickets, call the Snape Maltings Box Office on 01728 687100, or the Trianon Ticketline on 0194 283170.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 5 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 8 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 9 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 10 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge