Worlington: Pair escape kitchen fire
Two people were forced to evacuate their home today after a cooker caught fire.
The blaze broke out in the kitchen of a property in Bell Lane, Worlington, at around 11.15am.
Fire crews from Mildenhall and Newmarket were called to the scene. They were joined by parmedics in case anyone had been hurt in the fire.
But the two occupants were soon accounted for and firefighters brought the flames under control by around 11.30am.
Stradbroke and Eye crews were later called to an address off One Eyed Lane, Syleham, where another cooker had caught light.
You may also want to watch:
The small blaze was out when firefighters arrived.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches