Teenage drug dealer warned he could be jailed
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer who was in possession of cannabis worth £4,000 has been warned he could be jailed when he is sentenced next week.
Adjourning sentence on 19-year-old Ben Houghton, Judge Rupert Overbury said: “It may be immediate custody, it may not be. I’m not making any promises.”
Houghton, of Bonsey Gardens, Wrentham, pleaded guilty at Ipswich Crown Court to possessing cannabis with intent to supply on March 7 last year.
He also admitted being concerned in the supply of cannabis between February 5 last year and March 8 last year.
Hugh Vass, prosecuting, said Houghton had been involved in street dealing and the value of the cannabis was around £4,000.
You may also want to watch:
Houghton, who is on unconditional bail, will be sentenced on September 24.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 4 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 7 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'