Teenage drug dealer warned he could be jailed
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer who was in possession of cannabis worth £4,000 has been warned he could be jailed when he is sentenced next week.
Adjourning sentence on 19-year-old Ben Houghton, Judge Rupert Overbury said: “It may be immediate custody, it may not be. I’m not making any promises.”
Houghton, of Bonsey Gardens, Wrentham, pleaded guilty at Ipswich Crown Court to possessing cannabis with intent to supply on March 7 last year.
He also admitted being concerned in the supply of cannabis between February 5 last year and March 8 last year.
Hugh Vass, prosecuting, said Houghton had been involved in street dealing and the value of the cannabis was around £4,000.
You may also want to watch:
Houghton, who is on unconditional bail, will be sentenced on September 24.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 6 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 7 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 10 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest