Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- Credit: Archant
Four fire crews remain at the scene of a workshop fire described as "well alight".
The four crews, from Diss, Stradbroke and Eye, were called to the scene of the fire in Old Norwich Road, Yaxley, shortly before 6.50am Sunday, January 24.
On arrival they found the 100sqm workshop and the contents inside "well alight".
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: "The building and contents remain alight.
"We are currently using three hose reel jets and two breathing apparatus to tackle the fire."
Police have also been called however the cause of the fire has not yet been confirmed.
- 1 Coleman on Cook: 'If that's indication of his fortune as Ipswich manager, they can book a place in the Championship'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 2-1 win at Accrington Stanley
- 3 Popular Woodbridge restaurant set to close
- 4 'I have no doubt Ipswich will be successful' - Richardson doesn't rule out joining Cook at Town
- 5 'Please don't believe everything you read in the media' - Ipswich Town owner Evans addresses takeover reports
- 6 Ipswich case rate rises, other Suffolk districts among lowest in England
- 7 Man taken to hospital with serious leg injuries following collision
- 8 Marcus Evans on Paul Cook: 'He has shown a great desire to become our next manager'
- 9 Anger over loss of habitats after pond drained and trees felled
- 10 'Hard work starts now' as East Anglian Freeport gets green light