Weather warning for intense rainfall and gusts of wind this evening
- Credit: Archant
A weather warning has been issued for heavy rain and gusty winds in parts of the East of England, including Ipswich and Colchester.
The Met Office yellow weather warning is for a short period of very heavy rain and gusty winds that will make for difficult travel and temporary flooding of some roads.
The areas that fall under the warning include Ipswich, Woodbridge, Felixstowe, Manningtree, Colchester, Sudbury and Braintree.
The Met Office says 10 to 15mm of rain could fall in the space of half an hour and wind speeds could reach 40-45mph, possibly locally 50-55mph near the south coast.
This will make for difficult travelling conditions through the rest of the evening and some flooding is possible on roads, along with a few fallen branches.
You may also want to watch:
Conditions will gradually ease from the west, forecasters say.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 5 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 7 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 8 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 9 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 10 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham