Yellow warning for strong wind issued by Met Office for tonight and tomorrow morning
- Credit: citizenside.com
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for strong wind across East Anglia tomorrow morning.
Published on the organisation’s website the warning is in effect from 12.10am until 9am tomorrow.
It includes all of Suffolk and Essex but says areas in the south and southeast are likely to be worst hit.
Gusts of between 50 and 60mph could be felt inland while places near the coast could experience gusts up to 70mph.
Gales and a short spell of heavy rain is also expected.
You may also want to watch:
The warning also states: “The public should be aware of the risk of damage to trees, disruption to travel and possibly to power supplies, as well as a lot of surface water and spray on roads.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 8 Village pub given go-ahead to expand dining area
- 9 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results