Thunderstorms on the way as weather warning issued
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Met Office has re-issued a ‘yellow’ alert for thunderstorms for the entirety of this afternoon and evening.
The warning comes as forecasters predict heavy showers and thunderstorms to spread across the country from noon until midnight.
As part of the warning, the Met Office says fast flowing or deep floodwater is possible, while power cuts may occur.
It adds “flooding of homes and businesses could happen quickly”.
Much of England, Wales and southern Scotland is covered by the warning – with mid and west Suffolk also predicted to see disruption. North Essex, including Colchester, is also within the area.
You may also want to watch:
More easterly parts of Suffolk, including Ipswich, Woodbridge and Felixstowe, are not expected to be affected.
A similar warning was issued on Tuesday night.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 6 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 7 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout