Yellow weather warning for snow and ice from tonight
- Credit: citizenside.com
Wintry showers are set to arrive in East Anglia over the next few days as a yellow weather warning has been put in place from this evening.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for snow and ice from 6pm tonight until 11am tomorrow.
The warning said: “Icy patches are likely to develop on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths or where showers cause wash off on treated roads.
“Wintry showers will bring an additional hazard and may lead to two to five centimetres of snow accumulating on ground above 100m, primarily over northern Scotland and northeast England.”
But while the yellow warning is in place from tonight, forecasters have warned that wintry showers are more likely from Thursday into Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Phil Garner, Weatherquest forecaster, said: “There’s not a great deal of change for the next 48 hours.
“We are continuing to see showers feeding in from the north, and some will be wintry.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 6 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 7 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 8 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
“We will get some fairly cold air from the northerly wind.
“It’s fairly widespread for tonight and still showers in the morning – some could be particularly wintry and I suspect for tomorrow it’s more ice than snow hazard.
“[Thursday] we have got further showers and some could be falling sleet or snow tomorrow evening into Friday morning.”