Yoga retreat at the Waterfront
- Credit: Archant
Lynn launches a special all-day yoga event
Businesswoman Lynn Turner has organised a special Day of Yoga at the Jerwood DanceHouse at Ipswich Waterfront on Saturday July 25.
Former dance teacher Lynn, who runs the Cake and Catwalk boutique at the DanceHouse, is a big fan of yoga and is looking forward to this first event with relish.
“This is the first yoga retreat here, and probably in Ipswich,” she said.
“I have been doing yoga for about five years myself now and for me it has been great.
“I can’t move around as much as I used to when I was younger. My knees and hips don’t like it.
“Yoga has been great for me for health and fitness.
- 1 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 2 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 6 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 7 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 8 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 9 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge
- 10 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
“I would love to do more of these, if this one is successful,” she added.
The special day was being promoted as Align - Energise - Restore.
Any profit made will be going to the CLIC Sargent cancer charity, the chosen chairty.
There would be classes and workshops, discussions and information about nutrition with a variety of teachers and tutors including Diana Malone, Hannah Davey, Gaye Gorman, Heather Boon and Anneli Murphy.
Lynn said a wide range of yoga styles would be featured; including Hatha, Ashtanga, Vinyasa, lyengar, chair yoga, inversion poses and meditation.
It was a chance for people to try out yoga for the first time, to exerience a new style or just to dedicate a whole day - to yourself - in good company, she added.
“There is something for everyone with eight different teachers.
“Yoga keeps me healthy.
“This is something new and I hope people will support it.
“It is non competitive and you can do it for years.”
The special day was suitable for all ages, she said, from 16 years upwards.
Telephone Lynn for more information on 01473 235573 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org