Young biker dies in road crash horror
A YOUNG motorcyclist died when his machine came off a road in the Tendring District of Essex.Three motorbikes were travelling along the B1414 Harwich Road, around a tenth of a mile on the Thorpe le Soken side of Oak Corner at Great Oakley, when the crash happened.
A YOUNG motorcyclist died when his machine came off a road in the Tendring District of Essex.
Three motorbikes were travelling along the B1414 Harwich Road, around a tenth of a mile on the Thorpe le Soken side of Oak Corner at Great Oakley, when the crash happened.
They were all Suzuki Bandits, the first a black 1200cc machine, the second a red 600cc machine and the third a blue 600cc machine.
The trio had just completed an overtaking manouvre, in which they passed a grey Volkswagen car, when the blue Suzuki left the road.
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance paramedics attended the crash but the rider of the blue Suzuki was declared dead at the scene.
The 21-year-old man, who comes from the Clacton area, has not yet been identified by police while relatives are informed of the tragedy.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 10 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
An Essex Police spokeswoman last night issued an appeal for witnesses to the accident, which happened at around 1pm on Saturday.
She said that the driver of a car coming in the opposite direction, who had not yet been identified, could be of importance in helping accident investigators with their inquiry into the crash.
Anybody who saw the fatal road accident is asked to contact PC Keith Sloggett of the Stanway Traffic Road policing Unit on 01206 762512.