Young motorcyclist killed in crash
A 21-YEAR-OLD motorcyclist has died after his bike hit a lamp-post in Hasketon, near Woodbridge.
A 21-year-old motorcyclist has died after his bike hit a lamp post in Hasketon.
The accident happened in Grundisburgh Road at about 2.15pm today.
Police were alerted to the accident by the ambulance service which took the motorcyclist to Ipswich Hospital for treatment after he suffered serious head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Officers later confirmed the young man, who has not yet been named, had died.
The tragedy in the small community of Hasketon, just outside Woodbridge, comes less than a month after a similar loss in the close-knit village of Orford.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 9 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
On June 12, popular A-level student Tom Marshall died after his motorcycle collided with a car in his home village.
The 18-year-old came from a well known local family and more than 500 mourners attended his funeral.
After today's accident the road was closed between the Wyevale roundabout and Mill Lane junction as accident investigators carried out an examination of the scene to try and establish the cause of the accident.
Anyone who witnessed the accident or has any information which could help police is asked to contact the serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.