Young Suffolk man killed in road crash
A MOTORCYCLIST, who died following a crash in Orford, is believed to be a teenager from the Woodbridge area.
A MOTORCYCLIST, who died as a result of a collision with a car in Orford, is believed to be a teenager from the Woodbridge area.
The tragedy happened just after 5pm yesterdayin Ipswich Road.
Paramedics and police officers rushed to the scene but there was nothing they could do for the man, thought to be 19 years old, and he was pronounced dead when they arrived.
The East of England Ambulance Service said it was not thought that anyone else was injured in the horror crash between the victim's blue Suzuki motorbike and a red Mazda car.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation has been launched and the road was closed for about four and a half hours while a thorough analysis of the scene in the coastal resort was undertaken.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said the man's family had been informed of his death, but said he could not yet be named.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
He added: “Suffolk police are appealing for witnesses to the incident to contact our collision investigation team.”
The spokesman said no one had been arrested in connection with the death.