Your chance to re-create historic Harwich from old picture archive
- Credit: Archant
Modern day pictures are wanted as part of a Harwich Then and Now photo competition.
Organised by the Harwich International Sea Shanty Festival to mark its tenth annual event, the pictures will be used alongside a series of historic images provided by the Harwich Society.
Budding photographers need to capture as similar a view as possible as those in the old pictures.
Winners will receive a copy of the e-book due to be created from the competition, as well as a large art poster showing their photo alongside the original print.
The Sea Shanty Festival takes place from October 9-11 this year and includes internationally-renowned performers.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is free and photos, digital only, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (one per email). You may enter as many times as you wish.
Entries must be received by September 21.
To view all of the historic images visit the festival web site.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 3 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 6 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 7 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 8 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 9 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 10 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn