Your reaction: Readers take to Facebook to pay tribute to Iron Lady Baroness Margaret Thatcher
SHOCKED and saddened by the news of Baroness Thatcher’s death, fans of our Facebook page have shared their thoughts on the Iron Lady.
Ann Marshallsay, head of kitchen at Howard Middle School in Bury St Edmunds, said: “Rest in peace Lady Thatcher, and prayers for the family x.”
Meanwhile, Kirsty Pollintine added: “Thoughts with the family.”
And the owner of Rose Calendars added: “Sad news, she was a legend.”
Jamie Verso Versey added: “Oh how this country needs someone like Maggie once more. Her politics and policies may not have endeared everyone but at least she had balls (metaphorically speaking).
Agreeing, Steve Carter: “Here, here Mr Versey at least she had the balls to stand up for what she believed in. RIP Maggie you could teach all politicians in any spectrum how to behave.”
Mrs Thatcher was one of the most controversial politicians of the past 50 years, and some comments reflected this.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
- 10 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
However, in response, Julie Stammers, a former student at Westbourne High School, said: “If people didn’t like her no need to post anything. I for one liked her she was a truly remarkable hard working woman who fought for what she believed in she had guts more than so called MPs today. RIP Maggie x.”
Share your comments by leaving a comment here, or like us on Facebook and join the debate.