Youth awards celebrate inspirational Tendring youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Inspirational youngsters from across Tendring were celebrated at a special awards ceremony.
The second Tendring Youth Awards were held at Clacton’s Princes Theatre on Monday night, with 24 people and groups nominated for the nine accolades.
The judges’ panel took more than four hours deliberating over who won and admitted it had been a very difficult task.
Nicky O’Shaughnessy, director of local delivery, children and families service at Essex County Council, praised all those involved in the awards.
She said: “This event would not be taking place without all of you and your hard work and I thank you all for what you have done.
“But the real stars are the young people.”
Tendring District Council chairman Mark Platt added: “They are our future and we truly have so many amazing young people who do so much in their communities, families and schools. They are an inspiration to us all.”
- 1 Go-ahead for 1,000 new homes on controversial site
- 2 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 3 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 4 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 5 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 6 Family left homeless after bungalow destroyed in fire
- 7 Police release CCTV images after man suffers broken nose in attack
- 8 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 9 New grazing restaurant opening on Suffolk high street this week
- 10 'The Piggy Tail Trail' is Mid Suffolk town's fourth art event
The Youth Award winners were: • Community Improvement Award – Harwich Inspired Youth Action • Volunteer Award – Matthew Holmes-Gifford • Arts Award – Liam Burgess • Young Carer Award – Briony Armstrong • Learning Achievement Award – Rosanna Day • Outstanding Achievement Award – Nha Vhu • Personal Journey Award – Willow Smith • Special Recognition Award – Lucas Peri • Unsung Hero Award - Debbie Bryant, of Rainbow Theatre Company
There were performances by Alton Park School Choir and Stagestruck Academy.
The event was organised by Bright Futures, Nova Training and Tendring District Council.