Youth critical after crash horror
POLICE have arrested a motorist who was involved in a serious road accident with two motorcyclists in Ipswich tonight.The accident happened at just before 6pm on Anglesea Road at the junction with Orford Street, in the north-west area of Ipswich.
POLICE have arrested a motorist who was involved in a serious road accident with two motorcyclists in Ipswich tonight.
The accident happened at just before 6pm tonight on Anglesea Road at the intersection with Orford Street, in the north-west area of Ipswich.
Two teenage boys were on mopeds with L-plates, and were thought to be around the 16 to 17 age bracket.
Police said the bikers were taken to Ipswich Hospital with one of them in a “critical condition with a significant brain injury”. The other teenager was said to have regained consciousness and not so seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
Six police cars were soon on scene cordoning off an area of approximately 100 metres on Anglesea Road going towards the Oban street intersection.
Pieces of the two bikes lay strewn across the road along with bike helmets and the front of a black Ford Mondeo was severely crumpled in.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
It was confirmed that one of the young males' parents were aware of the accident and were on their way to Ipswich Hospital, where both of them had been taken.
A woman who lived on the road, who did not want to be named, said she was alerted by a loud noise, and went out and held one of the biker's hands until the ambulance arrived.
She said he had told her they were both 16 and had just left school.
A policeman at the scene said: “A driver of a car has been arrested and taken to Bury St. Edmunds police station, for no other reason than Ipswich is full.”
An ambulance spokesman said a further vehicle was required to support the incident after the initial call came in at 5.55pm.