Youth group lands cash boost
YOUNG people from a village youth group have been celebrating after landing a cash boost to invest in new equipment.
Youngsters from Rendlesham Youth Group threw a special party recently to say “thank you” to the Suffolk Foundation, which awarded the �2,000 grant.
Other supporters were also invited to the celebration along with parents, trustees, parish councillors and the local community support officer.
The money will be spent on buying new computers and equipment for the charity run organisation, which is based at Rendlesham Community Centre and supports more than 80 young people between the ages of eight and 18 in the local area.
Youth worker Jenny Davy said: “We are extremely proud of our achievement and very grateful to the Suffolk Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
“The young people are thrilled to have new and up to date technology that will help us with future projects and funding.”
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day