PSG to splash the cash for Spurs star Luka Modric?
Football writer Stuart Baillie has a look at the day’s hottest Premier League transfer rumours.
PSG look set to beat Man United to the signing of Spurs midfielder Luka Modric by offering �30 million for the Croatian playmaker.
The oil-rich Ligue 1 club watched the diminutive midfielder in the 3-1 victory over Ireland on Sunday. (Daily Mirror)
Arsenal are closing in on French striker Olivier Giroud. The �13-million rated striker netted 25 times for surprise Ligue 1 champions Montpellier last season. (Guardian)
Liverpool are keen to beat Schalke in the race to secure the services of free agent Salomon Kalou. The Ivory Coast international is in high demand following his release from Chelsea at the end of the season. (Metro)
You may also want to watch:
Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini could hand David Moyes a huge blow by quitting Goodison Park for Champions League football this summer. The big-haired Belgian is a rumoured target for Chelsea and Real Madrid. (Daily Star)
Schalke boss Huub Stevens has expressed his interest in signing Rafael van der Vaart from Spurs. The pair worked together at Hamburg, winning the Intertoto Cup in 2007. (Daily Mirror)
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 7 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 8 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 9 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 10 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
Chelsea have been told to cough up �20 million if they want to sign Malaga striker Salomon Rondon. The Venezuelan, who has also been interesting Newcastle and Arsenal, could be the ideal replacement for the departed Didier Drogba. (Daily Mail)
Man City winger Adam Johnson may have been priced out of a move away from the Etihad Stadium this summer. The Premier League champions have slapped a �15 million price tag on the Sunderland target who missed out on a place in England’s Euro 2012 squad. (Daily Mirror)
Liverpool flop Alberto Aquilani could join AC Milan for as little as �3 million. The Italian midfielder cost the Anfield club �20 million when he joined from Roma in 2009. (Sun)
West Ham are set to up their offer to �4 million for wantaway Norwich striker Grant Holt. The 31-year-old netted 15 times for the Canaries in the Premier League last season. (Daily Mail)
QPR are hoping to snap up England stopper Rob Green on a free transfer. Green, 32, is refusing to sign a new contract with West Ham, despite the club’s promotion back to the top flight via the play offs last month. (Sun)