Striking new features added to multi-million pound Hadleigh Swimming Pool proposals
- Credit: Archant
The construction of the new Hadleigh swimming pool could start in the new year according to South Suffolk Leisure (SSL).
Babergh District Council announced back in February that over £2.5m would be invested into a new pool for Hadleigh, now a design team have addressed all the points raised during a public consultation and details of the pool have been confirmed with an anticipated opening date set for January 2020.
The pool is set to feature a sauna as well as a pool that is just under a metre deep at its shallow end and 1.8 metres at it’s deepest, allowing beginners not only learn to swim but to also dive, The new pool plans have been submitted and can be viewed online at the Babergh planning portal.
Cllr Margaret Maybury, Cabinet Member for Communities at Babergh District Council said, “This project is an exciting development for Hadleigh and its surrounding district as a new pool has been a dream of many for a long time.
“Babergh are committed to enhancing wellbeing facilities for all ages and the new pool project promotes this. We have a long way to go; securing planning approval is the first step.
“I wish all at SSL every success in their endeavours and we at Babergh are behind them every step of the way.”
You may also want to watch:
The new pool is also set to include a Changing Places Toilet, a specially designed facility for those who severe learning and physical disabilities.
SSL have stated that Hadleigh has a high level of older users and hope that this facility will offer greater access to those with disabilities.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
This will be the first toilet of this type in Hadleigh and it will be publicly accessible.
Cllr Peter Matthews, Mayor of Hadleigh Town Council said “This is indeed an exciting move forwards that will provide a much needed upgrade to the current facility, and ensure that our residents of all ages can use and enjoy the benefits of swimming for many more years to come.”
Peter will be keeping residents updated each month through his article in the community news. For more information on South Suffolk Leisure, visit their website here.