New opening times for Brandon Library
The north Suffolk library will be extending its opening hours from May.
The new opening times will see the library open for longer on Wednesday afternoons, but closing earlier on Friday evenings.
The changes, approved by the libraries board and Suffolk County Council come following calls from customers and will come into effect from May 20.
Suffolk Libraries confirmed however it will remain closed on Monday despite the longer opening hours and that future events are unaffected.
Mathew Sheldrick, library manager, said: “The change to Brandon Library’s opening hours brings our opening times more in line with other services within the Brandon centre.
“It also enables us to extend our service offer on a Wednesday where it has been busier and process reservations more quickly.
“We have been trialling these changes already with great success.”
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 8 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 9 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 10 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
New opening times
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - 10am to 5:30pm
Wednesday - 10am to 3pm (currently open 10am to 2pm)
Thursday – 10am to 5:30pm
Friday - 10am to 6pm (currently open 10am to 7pm)
Saturday - 10am to 1pm, 2pm to 5pm
Sunday – 10am to 3pm