Reds confirm Benitez exit
RAFAEL Benitez has left Liverpool by mutual consent, the Anfield club confirmed this afternoon.
The Reds have negotiated a settlement with the Spaniard, reported to be around �4m, to end his reign on Merseyside after six years.
Benitez told the club’s website, www.liverpoolfc.tv: “It is very sad for me to announce that I will no longer be manager of Liverpool FC.
“I would like to thank all of the staff and players for their efforts. I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal
support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool.
You may also want to watch:
“I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You’ll never walk alone.”
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe